We believe that education is essential in providing you with a foundation from which you can move forward and achieve your dreams. We aim to equip you with an education which will engage and inspire you to move into a world beyond Sixth Form with the knowledge, understanding, skills and qualities that will lead you to success.
Through our ‘Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance’ (CEIAG) programme, we are committed to ensuring that we are developing a young person’s knowledge, understanding, confidence and skills. We want our students to be able to make well-informed, thought through choices and plans that enable them to progress smoothly into further learning and work, now and in the future.
Opportunities within our CEIAG programme:
- Visits to the National Apprenticeship Fair
- Talks by representatives of a range of universities
- Tutorial sessions with local colleges
- Targeted and requested interviews with an independent careers advisor
- Apprenticeship talks from local and national companies
- Mock interviews and feedback with universities and local employers
- Visits to local universities open days
- Tutorial sessions for all students on CV and covering letters
- Careers noticeboard displays Apprenticeship and job opportunities
- Parents evenings are supported by careers advisor and local universities
- Work experience encouraged for all students either as an on-going placement or as a block placement in the summer term
- Noticeboards in the Supported Study room provide university and careers support
- Prospectuses available in the Supported Study room for students to borrow
- Other post 18 opportunity leaflets displayed in the Supported Study room
- Weekly student bulletin advertises opportunities available at universities and within industry
- Pupil and Parent Subject Booklet includes possible career links to each subject.
- Well attended summer school programme
- Individual progress meetings with Progress Tutors discusses Post 18 plans
- Attend UCAS Higher Education Convention
- Presentation to all Y13 students from Student Finance England
- Post 18 Information Evening for parents and students